The Way of the SEAL was written by Mark Divine who served in the U.S. Navy SEALS for 20 years, retiring as a commander. He is the founder of SEALFIT, NavySEALS.com, and U.S. CrossFit. In addition, he created the leadership program, Unbeatable Mind Academy, which trains the public in the eight Way of the SEAL principles. Further, he is the author of 8 Weeks to SEALFIT and Unbeatable Mind.
The book is comprised of the following chapters:
- Principle 1: Establish Your Set Point
- Principle 2: Develop Front-Sight Focus
- Principle 3: Bulletproof Your Mission
- Principle 4: Do Today What Others Won't
- Principle 5: Forge Mental Toughness
- Principle 6: Break Things
- Principle 7: Build Your Intuition
- Principle 8: Think Offense, All the Time
- Training in the Way of the SEAL
In this book, the author reveals the mental training tricks you can use to think like a U.S. Navy SEAL and achieve personal excellence. His teachings are designed to transform anyone from entrepreneurs to executives of large companies.
The book is a roadmap for taking your life to the next level. The author uses numerous examples from his life and those of others to demonstrate his principles. His tools and techniques have been proven to develop a strong sense of purpose, high level of mental toughness, and ability to be more productive.
Below are some concepts discussed about the Way of the Seal:
- You will learn to simplify and clarify your life so you can drive forward with a strong sense of purpose.
- You will learn to remain calm and centered in the midst of the most serious storms you face in life.
- You will develop the mental toughness to dominate any task or challenge.
- You will cultivate your intuitive decision-making powers and sense danger and opportunity as they near.
- You will become more emotionally balanced, allowing you to understand where others are coming from so as to anticipate their needs.
- You will grow into a better leader who is more authentic, respected, trustworthy, and persuasive.
- You will become a better person, period. Your family, teams, and community will benefit from your strength and the world will be a better place for your contributions.
The author has lived an extraordinary life and he shares some of his secrets in this one of a kind book. By reading this book, you are committed to advancing your leadership and personal development.