Even though summer is here, the relationship building should continue. Too many people decide to slow down their networking activity during the summer months. In fact, summer is one of the better times of the year to interact with others.
Below are five reasons why you should continue building your network during the summer:
1. Get to know the personal side of people - During the summer, many activities exist outside of business. So, get to know people in more relaxed environments.
2. Set up hard to schedule meetings - For some people, summer slows down so this is the time to set up those hard to schedule meetings. At the same time, people may have less requests for meetings so their availability to meet has increased.
3. Work on your personal brand - Spend the summer building up your personal brand so you can further your credibility. Find opportunities to make yourself more visible such as blogging, speaking to groups, publishing articles, and hosting events.
4. Socialize more - Take advantage of the sporting events, golf, happy hours, and other outside activities to get to know people. At the same time, invite people from your network to these gatherings.
5. Let others get to know you more - During the summer, people are generally more relaxed, as should you be as well. So, let others see the more relaxed side of you so they can get to know you better.
What other reasons can you think of?