Your business network is one of your most important assets. Make sure to nourish it and take it very seriously.
Below are five ways to engage with certain people in your network:
1. Invite people to lunch - An easy way to re-connect and continue to build relationships is to invite people to lunch. Focus on having lunch several times a week with new people.
2. Connect via Social Media - Take the time to engage via social media with the business community. Seek out your contacts and follow them. LinkedIn is a must tool for business professionals.
3. Invite people to events - Let people know which events you will be attending. That way, they can decide to join you. Events are a great way to re-connect.
4. Make introductions - One of the most important actions you can take with your network is to make introductions with new people. Find synergies to connect certain people together. People in your network will appreciate the gesture and often return the favor.
5. Send information of interest - When you find articles or resources that you believe someone in your network will benefit from, send the information. The person will be thrilled that you thought about him/her and you will stay top of mind.
What other ways do you engage with your network?