Now that the summer is coming to an end, it is a good idea to reflect on your summer relationship building. What worked? What could use improvement?
Below is a checklist of items that you can measure:
- Met new people each week
- Attended new events each month
- Went out to breakfast, lunch, or coffee with new people each week
- Built up existing relationships
- Tried some new personal branding techniques
- Formed several new strategic relationships
- Found an employee or new partner by leveraging relationships
- Found a new job
The above checklist is more of a gut check of your activity. How successful were you? You can determine the frequency and success metrics. The key is that you are tracking your progress so you make the appropriate changes throughout the year or next summer.