The holidays are a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends. At the same time, it is a good time to catch up on some personal branding activiites.
Below are five relationship building acitivies that you can do on Labor Day:
1. Get to Know Family and Friends Better - Take the time to hang out with family and friends. Ask them questions to get to know more about their professional lives. Also, you can share with them about what you do. You may be able to find ways to assist one another.
2. Meet New People - By hanging out with family and friends, they may invite new people to join your party. Get to know these people. You never know what new relationships could develop.
3. Catch Up on Emails - Since most people have slowed down work during the holiday, this is a good time for you to respond to some emails. Focus more on responding to people in your network.
4. Set Up Meetings or Lunches - Take the time to email some people and invite them to lunch or to have a meeting. When they come back into the swing of work, they can respond. It is good to be proactive so you can further build your relationships.
5. Participate in Online Networking / Social Media- If you have the extra time, then visit online networking / social media tools more often to stay in front of your network. Send tweets, endorse people or post a group comment on LinkedIn. Make yourself visible.
What other activities come to mind?