The holidays are a great time to further build relationships with family and friends. One of the great aspects of the holiday is that you and others are getting together in a casual and friendly environment. You get to see a different side of other people so you can get to know them more personally.
Take advantage of having family around. This is usually a good time to update them on your life, personally and professionally.
Below are some tips to maximize your time with others on Memorial Day:
- Spend quality time with others - Make sure to spend enough time with certain people so you can have a conversation. If there are people who you would like to get to know better or spend more time with, then make the effort to get some alone time with them.
- Attend parties or gatherings - If you are invited to a get together on Memorial Day, then make an effort to attend. This is a great opportunity to hang out with others who you can get to know better
- Catch up on emails - We all know that email can get overwhelming so take advantage of some down time on a holiday. Respond to those emails that are sitting in your inbox. That way, you will be caught up before the work week begins.
- Set up some meetings - Another way to take advantage of holiday downtime is to plan some meetings for the next week or two. Set up meetings via email so when others are available, they can respond.
- Work on your personal / business brand - Take the time to work on your brand by writing blog posts/articles, creating newsletters, preparing for a talk, etc. Use the down time to your advantage.
What other tips can you share?