One of the key pillars of building long lasting relationships is the "personal brand". Your identity in the business world is your personal brand. So, take it very serious so you can be an effective and well respected leader and professional.
Below are 10 techniques to brand yourself:
1. Write Thought Leader Articles - Demonstrate your expertise by publishing various articles about a subject that you know very well.
2, Speak in Public - Find opportunities to speak at events or conferences to further demonstrate your expertise and thought leadership.
3. Maintain a Blog - In addition to publishing various articles, write on a frequent basis on your own blog about your area of expertise.
4. Engage in Social Media - Take the time to fully participate in the various social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instragram.
5. Take LinkedIn Seriously - LinkedIn is one of the leading business engagement tools on the web so take it very serious with a professional profile and picture.
6. Develop an E-Newsletter - Send out a regular e-newsletter to your network to stay engaged and share relavant information.
7. Host Events - Bring people to you by hosting your own events about various business topics
8. Connect People Together - Spend time connecting people together in your network, which shows that you pay attention to others' needs.
9. Be a Resource - In addition to making connections, be a resource for people who have needs.
10. Have Fun Meeting New People - Most importantly, have fun interacting with people to get to know them. Be yourself and allow them to get to know the real you.
What other techniques do you use to brand yourself?