Following up appropriately with new business contacts is extremely important to build your network. Below are 10 follow-up tactics:
- Connect on LinkedIn to start integrating your business worlds.
- Email to set up a call or in person meeting.
- Email to send information that you may have promised when you met.
- Call to continue to the conversation and/or to set up an in person meeting.
- Mail a handwritten card to show your appreciation for meeting one another.
- Follow the person on Twitter.
- Become friends on Facebook to get to know one other's personal side.
- Post a comment on a blog post written by the person.
- Sign up for the person's newsletter if he/she has one.
- Sign up the person for your newsletter if you have one.
What other follow-up techniques do you use?