Summer is a great time to build your existing relationships as well as build new ones too. People are generally more relaxed and have more opportunities to connect. Below are some tips to assist you in building relationships during the summer.
- Reach out to people and schedule coffee, lunch, or after work drinks. With some peoples' schedules not as busy during the summer, find a time to meet with various people already in your network.
- Attend events held outdoors. Find opportunities to meet new people at outside happy hours, sporting events, or festivals.
- Host your own gatherings to bring your existing network together with new people. Great opportunity to connect people together.
- Find opportunities to speak at industry events so you can share your expertise. Building your personal brand is an important element of relationship building.
- Play in or coach team sports such as softball and basketball. Will give you the opportunity to meet many like-minded people who share a common goal for the sports team.
What other relationship building tips do you have for the summer?