Rapid Realignment was written by George Labovitz and Victor Rosanky who are best selling authors of The Power of Alignment. George Labovitz is the founder and CEO of ODI, an international management training and consulting firm, and professor of management and organizational behavior at the Boston University Gradate School of Management. Victor Rosansky is co-founder and President of LHR International and has more than 25 years experience working with Fortune 500 clients as a consultant.
The book in comprised of the following chapters:
- The Big Picture The Alignment Framework
- From Strategic Intent to Tactical Action: Vertical Alignment
- Energing People: Employee Engagement
- Getting to "Wow!": Horizontal Alignment
- Better and Better: Continuous Process Improvement
- Social Media as an Alignment Tool
- Culture: The Secret Sauce
- Rapid Realignment: Methods and Tools
- The Enterprise Effect: The Ultimate Expression of Alignment
The book provides the insights and tools that you need to make sure that your strategy, customers, processes, and people work seamlessly together to serve customers. It is mportant that you are able to realign when change happens.
Rapid Realignment is a follow-up to the authors successful book, The Power of Alignment, which was written in 1997. As required reading for the U.S. Navy in 2001, it underwent one of the greatest organizational transformations under leadership of Vern Clark.
With an evolving business world today,firms needs to adapt to the pace of technological. competitve, and social change. A firm that fails to adapt will mostly like loss in the marketplace.
The authors provide information on the following:
- Engaging employees at evey level with the "Main Thing" of your business
- Linking strategy and organizationa processes
- Brinng the customer voice inside your comapny through scola media
- Using social media and ditgital technology to quickl indentify points of mialignment at any lvel
- Creating the "Enterprise Effect".
Throughout the book, the authors share case studies from firms such as FedEx, the U.S. Navy, and Quest Diagnostics that demonstrate the author's methods. Rapid Realignment provides a roadmap on how to reach peak organizational performance.