With each new year, we usually have new goals in mind. Networking is no exception. What are your goals for the new year? Below are some thoughts to consider as you think about how you can accelerate your relationship building to bring you more success:
- Consider attending new events each month to meet new people outside of your industry.
- Consider getting involved in a professional association or networking group.
- Consider getting involved in a charity to meet more like minded people, which can include executives.
- Consider scheduling lunch meetings each week with people in your network.
- Consider personally branding yourself by starting a blog, joining Twitter, and starting a newsletter.
- Consider writing industry articles to send to relevant media outlets.
- Consider connecting more people together in your network on a regular basis.
- Consider hosting your own events to bring people to you.
- Consider offering to help more people who you meet at events.
- Consider listening more to people so you can learn more about them.
What other ideas are you considering for the new year?