The holidays are an important time of the year to reflect on the past year. At the same time, it is an important time of the year to build relationships. The holidays are a more relaxing time so people are in festive moods.
Below are eight networking tips for the holidays:
1. Attend holiday events - Take the time to attend holiday gatherings both from your business and professional live. You will have a chance to interact with people in a more relaxed setting.
2. Send holiday cards - It is important for you to stay in touch with your network. Sending a holiday card shows that you are thinking about people.
3. Show your appreciation - For the people in your life that made a big difference the past year, show your appreciation by sending a holiday "thank you" gift. People like to be recognized.
4. Set up meetings - During this time of the year, some people are slower with business so they may have more time to have meetings. Take the time to set up meetings to get to know people better.
5. Act professional - Even though you may be attending a holiday function, you should still act professional. You want to keep the same professional demeanor and image at all times.
6. Don't drink to excess - Pay attention to how much you drink at holiday get togethers. As stated above, you want to act professional at all times.
7. Show your holiday spirit - Have fun and spread the holiday cheer. Bring holiday cookies or food to share with your co-workers and colleagues.
8. Work on your branding - Since you should have some extra time, work on your personal brand. Write some thought leadership pieces that you can share in the new year.