1. Holidays are a great time to build relationships both with your family and friends. Football and food bring people together so don't miss out on getting to know people better.
2. Since the corporate world has some extra time off during this holiday, take the time to catch up on emails and follow-up activity. With less business distractions, take advantage of the unusual quiet time. It is a good chance that people will see your emails.
3. With the holiday shopping deals, stock up on holiday gifts for people in your life, which includes business professionals. Giving gifts during the holidays not only shows that you care, but also that you value the relationship.
4. With the extra time, make room for writing thought leadership articles and blog posts. Since you have the time now, write several for a future use. It is good to have several ready to go.
5. Set up meetings for the following two weeks. With a little downtime now, send out meeting requests for those in your network to get to know better. The holidays are a great time to meet with people because things slow down.
What other post Thanksgiving networking thought do you have?