When building relationships, it is very important that you don't do anything that can hurt your personal brand and your relationship with others. Below are seven ways that you can lose credibility with your network. When this happens, you are in jeopardy of hurting your reputation.
- You don't do what you way you will do - Follow-up and follow through is key
- You talk bad about others behind their back - Word gets around and it usually comes back to you
- You are too negative when speaking with others - Negative people bring others down
- You lie about an accomplishment - Honesty is an important aspect of relationships
- You don't care who you hurt to get what you want - Trust is critical for your credibility
- You send mixed messages about who you are - Be consistent with how you position yourself
- You use people to get what you want - Relationship building should be mutually beneficial
What else can you think of?
Related Post: 10 Ways to Gain Credibility When Building Relationships