In an earlier post, 10 Reasons to Be Nice to People, I shared why it is important to always be nice for relationship building. What happens if people are not nice to you? How does this affect your relationship building? Below are ten reasons why people may not be nice to you.
- You may have come across rude and uncaring
- The person had a bad day and doesn't feel like talking
- The person feels that you are selling hard before getting to know one another
- The person doesn't have much time to talk
- The person is not interested in what you have to say
- The person wants to meet as many people as possible
- You only care about talking about yourself
- The person sees someone else to talk to instead of you
- The person realizes that you are not a good client prospect
- You don't click well with the other person
What other reasons can you think of as to why people may not be nice to you when relationship building?