While attending networking events, you will have the chance to meet many new people as well as re-connect with those already in your network. Without a doubt, you want to come across professional at all times. Your personal brand is at stake every time you set foot in a room of people.
Below are nine ways to shine at a networking event:
- Your personal introduction is well thought out and polished
- You are courteous and engaged at all times
- You give a firm and confident handshake
- You are dressed for success
- Your make others feel comfortable with your tone and smile
- You offer to make introductions to others at the event
- You offer to help others after the event
- You let others know about your subject matter expertise
- You take the time to speak with multiple people
Take control of your image by shining at networking events. It is easy to shine as long as you maintain your professionalism at all times.
Related Post: Nine Ways to Embarrass Yourself at a Networking Event