When having a conversation with others, it is best to stay positive and neutral most of the time, especially if this is the first time meeting someone. While it is okay to have your own views and sides on issues, you don’t want to come on too strong before someone gets to know you. Below are 5 types of words to not use during conversations.
1. Swears – You don’t want other people to think that you are unprofessional. You want people get to know you before these words may come out.
2. Politics – Talking politics can be a problem, especially if you have opposing views. It is best not to bring this up because you don’t want to get into a potential argument with someone.
3. Religion – Like politics, religion is another touchy subject, especially if you are of a different faith. In addition, some people have biases towards certain religions more than others. You want to focus on synergies when building relationships.
4. Negativity – It can be uncomfortable talking with someone who is negative. Focus more on talking positive so people want to get to know you and enjoy talking with you.
5. Criticism – Make sure not to criticize other people or events when talking with people. You don’t want people to think that you are a complainer. At the same, it is not good talk about people behind their backs because it will most likely get back to them and you.
What other types of words should you not use?