1. Wear a suit or professional top - You usually cannot over dress so wearing a suit or professional top is a good choice. If you don’t know what to wear, then wear professional attire. See my previous post: When All Else Fails, Dress Professionally.
2. Polish your shoes – Your shoes are part of your appearance so make sure that they are clean and shiny. Make it a habit to get your shoes polished every week or two.
3. Check for Stains or Rips in Shirts – Take the time to look at your shirts for any stains or rips. It is more common than you think to have shirts that need repairing or tossing. Don’t leave home or the office with a shirt like this. People will notice.
4. Check Your Face and Hair for Cleanliness – After you eat, look at your face and teeth in a mirror to make sure that you are clean. The same applies for your hair. Make sure that is well mannered after you have been outside.
5. Wear appropriate colors – Pay attention to the colors that you wear. You don’t want to stand out for obnoxious or clashing colors. In business settings, it is better to wear neutral combinations.If you like this blog post, then subscribe via email or RSS feed.