In order to build quality and lasting relationships, you need to trust others. Trust doesn’t necessarily happen right away. In fact, it usually happens after you get to know people. With that said, you also need to go with your gut and give people a chance if you feel good about the situation. I am not suggesting that you put complete trust in someone after a first encounter. Take the time to get to know people before you trust them. At some point in any relationship, you need to put trust in others.
Below are 5 reasons why you should trust others, which will help accelerate your networking efforts:
1. People Will Like You – One of the most important aspects of relationship building is that people need to like you to want to be a part of your network. As you get to know people and show your trust in them, your bond will grow stronger.
2. You Will Like Yourself Better – As you build stronger bonds with people, you will feel good about yourself. Having a strong network of trustworthy people is a great feeling and important for networking success.
3. More Referrals – As you get to know people and they get to know you, more referrals will come your way. In relationship building, receiving (and giving out) referrals is very important for business and personal success. Why do you think that BNI was created?
4. Natural Human Reaction – Most of us naturally (or at least me) trust other people when initially meeting and getting to know them. As long as nothing bad happens, we generally give people the benefit of the doubt. Why fight against the natural instinct?
5. Opportunities Present Themselves – If you are guarded and don’t trust people, then you will be losing out on potential opportunities. With most situations and people, keep an open mind because you never know what it could lead to.
What are some other reasons why you should trust people?
If you like this blog post, then subscribe to RSS feed or via email.