Building relationships takes time and effort. If you are persistent and consistent, then those efforts will pay off. Make sure to celebrate the wins, which will energize you to continue to build great relationships.
Below are five reasons to get excited about your relationship building efforts.
1. You get regular referrals / introductions - As you make an impression on others, you should be getting referrals / introductions. At the same time, you should make the same types of referrals / introduction to others as well. Focus on assisting them first.
2. You receive opportunities - The more that you are visible and connecting with others, the more that new opportunities will come your way. These opportunities could be both personal and business. Of course, you need to get to know others well enough so that you are top of mind for these opportunities.
3. You build invaluable relationships - Over time as you get to know certain people, you will form deep personal bonds. When this happens, nurture these relationships. They will be invaluable for your life. At the same time, you should become invaluable for these people as well.
4. Your personal brand will be respected - The more that you interact with others the more that they will get to know your skillset and expertise. Make sure that you are conveying your expertise to others in person and in digital format. As a result, others will think about you first if they need your assistance around your expertise.
5. You will have fun building relationships - Meeting people on a regular basis can be fun and rewarding. It is fascinating to learn about people. Everyone has different viewpoints and backgrounds. Also, it is fun learn about who knows who. Finding ways to creatively assist one another is rewarding.
What others can you think of?
Read a similar post: Five Reasons to Worry about Your Networking Efforts